Is Virtual Counselling For You?
A 1-minute read on 10 helpful reasons why virtual counselling may be great for you!
E- therapy is a blanket term for mental health services delivered digitally and some examples are phone calls, videos, texting, and messaging. Some refer to it as on-line counselling, cybercounselling, or e-counselling. Some things to consider:
- It may be offered at a lower cost and important to consider if you don’t have insurance.
- Appointment times are easier to manage since you don’t have to consider travel time.
- It can be easier for some to be emotionally vulnerable in digital spaces.
- A tool that can be used as another quick resource as part of your support network.
- There may be an adjustment for some and could feel impersonal.
- Not as much body language so disclosing will be important for the therapists to help.
- If you crave for that human contact of face-to-face therapy, supplementing with on-line could be helpful until you can get an appointment.
- Better option for some who may be immobile, caring for children or caring for elderly.
- Safer option for some, can be done from the comfort of your home
- Options to bring your pet to therapy that may not otherwise been available.